A Glass of Chianti

Monday, July 11, 2005

Looking with well-rested eyes

I guess my ever-developing teaching method doesn't completely suck.

Today is a super working day. I've been up since 5:30 and working solidly since. It's been great. My desire is to finish these last 26 student notebooks by Wednesday evening. I have about six charts in various stages of completion that I'd like to get off my table, as well. One of the only things really keeping me motivated is that I get to go to a (the?) most wonderful museum on Friday.

I may have finally finished a Messiaen post that was one of the whole inspirations for this blog project but which has been the bane of my musical writing. It's been eating at me for several weeks and I'm going to let it sit for another couple of hours before I decide if I really want to publish it or not.

One of my new students lives on Hemlock Street, so I'm really trying to not think about the developer of that subdivision. I've so far resisted the urge to look at my Mapsco and find out what the surrounding streets are named.

Aaaaaaand that's it for now. When I need a distraction that's not fulfilled by the Mapsco, I'll know where I'll be coming.