A Glass of Chianti

Friday, July 08, 2005

How long are jeans supposed to last, anyway?

I put on a pair of my jeans this morning, only to notice that the tiny hole near the right pocket gotten larger and more noticeable while in the wash and that I had another pencil eraser-sized hole on the left side of my pant leg. These jeans are from a slightly larger Sarah era. I haven't worn this size since late high school, so it's been at least seven years of faithful service, and probably a few more knowing my shopping habits. I know it is probably time, but I'm just not ready to let go. Besides, with all my girlfriends getting pregnant and now my favorite jeans ready to leave me, how am I supposed to pick up guys at the bar now?

I'm kidding about that last part, but I am going to go cry in my closet. ;)

This post is, in fact, better than the one that I had written (but thought better of before publishing) wherein I stressed about really unimportant things. If I were you, I'd count my blessings.