A Glass of Chianti

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Snow cones are delightful

I spent all day yesterday in bed snuggling with a cold, my big comforter and assorted books. Summer colds are horrible, especially when the weather is nice and not too hot because every time you look up, the sun is taunting you. So, if you're like me, you take another dose of cold medicine and bitterly tell the sun to go away. I'm never quite sure that the sun takes my advice (because I'm sleeping), but I'm pretty forceful and I imagine that the sun is a reasonable character.

All in all, it could have been worse.

I'm still under the weather and a teeny bit medicated, but I'm going to brave the elements and visit the modern art museum here in town. I'll be spending a good deal of time at the upstairs special exhibit and afterwards I'll stop for a snow-cone. Sure, it may only be 76 today and rainy, but it's summer!

In any case, this is my plan for the day:
Museum
Snow-cone
Finding a red nail polish that isn't too orangey but also does not skew too far in the other direction toward burgundy
Lunch with my very lucky brother (lucky because his sister takes him out to lunch occasionally)
Home

I'm excited, and it's not the medicine talking!