A Glass of Chianti

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Tomorrow is the last day of band camp

and working(!) (except for a few random organizing sessions scheduled at my leisure) so I'm off until Labor Day. Wonderful!

I feel like I've aged about 3 years over the past 5 days. Thankfully, it's just temporary, and I'll be back to normal by the end of the weekend. Frankly, I don't know how band directors do marching band year after year after year.... I'd just go crazy. Sarah and the summer sun don't get along, despite what the pleasant alliteration leads you to believe.

My bartender is leaving me for Dallas. It's not a tragedy, since I can make myself a mean gimlet at home but.... it really does suck. Yea for Paul that he's getting married, though!

This leads me to the next point of this rambling post*. All of my friends have gone and moved across the country and/or have gotten married. This is great, because I now have a neverending supply of new baby pictures. I really love the baby pictures. While I am incredibly happy that I have awesome friends who are starting awesome families and populating the nation with awesome Texan genes, I have had to come up with a new policy in my friendship handbook:
From now (August 4, 2005) on, if a friend of mine decides to move away and/or get married, (s)he must replace the gaping hole in my social calendar with a new friend.
I do this because I love being happy for everyone. If I continued in not having this policy, we all run the risk of my becoming a bitter woman who despises the happy developments of her friends. That's a lose-lose situation.

Also, if anyone has a couple of seconds to spare in order to say a prayer on my behalf, I'd really appreciate it. Nothing serious - I'd just be thankful.

*No, I don't socialize with my bartender outside of Lucille's. And I especially won't now that he's moving to Dallas and getting married. I'll be playing at the wedding. He's still a jerk, though,