A Glass of Chianti

Monday, August 01, 2005

Because we love football here

I'm helping out at a marching rehearsal early this morning. I'll be able to see some of my private students and hear about the vacations they took with their families and what classes they are going to be taking in the fall. I'll dodge the personal questions (I'm getting better!) and try to give the inside story about what teachers they will love and which ones will get distracted in their lectures if asked about their days as a college mascot (a kangaroo!).

But none of this will erase the fact that it is hot outside.

Or that I don't much care for football. (Why can't we play at civilized sports? That's me - the far bottom left person in the "R") (Well... the link will have to come after rehearsal. Just trust me, it's a picture of my high school band playing at the opening day of The Ballpark in Arlington. THE opening day. Like, the first. When it was still The Ballpark in Arlington. We spelled out Rangers.)

Or that I have a ton of work to do when I get home.

Despite the fact that this is what I'd least like to be doing, life is good and sometimes I just can't stop smiling. And not just because I see this when I close my eyes from time to time. ;)