A Glass of Chianti

Friday, July 29, 2005

It's hot again

I've spent the majority of the day trying to feel cool, as the temperature is rising to more conventional summer levels. On the one hand, it's great for my reeds, but on the other, my mind starts wandering to places wetter and cooler.

I'm on my final Bond movie of the week, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, picked solely because there was snow on the DVD cover. I'm following this up with Hitchcock's Spellbound right now.

Looking at pictures of childhood has made me a bit nostalgic, and I have a very strong craving for creamed tuna on toast, which is something that I haven't had in many, many years. This will probably undo all of the good work I've done with the "think cool thoughts" preparation, but I dunno, it seems worth it somehow. :)