A Glass of Chianti

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Chances are

If you were a little fly on the wall in my bedroom at any time in the past few weeks, you would have witnessed my improvised (and, I imagine, quite funny-looking) attempts to keep my lower back from becoming a twisted mess. Lessons, and the accompanying sitting for too much of the day, have really knocked me flat and made much of the ordeal of sitting by the computer reading and answering e-mail a little unpleasant. I read a little, then get up and do a little stretching and repeat for a good hour or two after I get home. It also makes it hard to concentrate on, well, thinking. If I were ever to run for public office, my platform would contain a strong statement against the chairs in the band halls where I teach. Goodness knows they're great for an class period's worth of correct posture, but they really aren't nice to sit in for an extended period of time. We alternate sitting and standing in my lessons, which helps a bit, but I really, really am having to fight with my concentration and my poor, poor back.

That's a long way of saying that if I owe you an e-mail, I haven't gotten around to it, obviously. My weekends, not being filled with trivial things like outings with friends, are much more conducive to the whole answering thing. Plus, I'm more coherent! Anyway, I'll be getting to it tomorrow evening and into Saturday. Thanks for being patient. :)