A Glass of Chianti

Friday, June 24, 2005

I got an e-mail Wednesday telling me that I'm boring

The author did say that I was boring, but since he doesn't know me in "real life" I really think he means my blog is boring. He's probably right, but I don't really care. I've been in this blogging business for *checking the calendar* less than a month now and I realize that I'm on my way to winning the award for "Most Self-Involved, Girl." Give me another couple of months and a screenshot of this blog will be right between to the photos of the "Best Hair" and "Best Dressed" couples. Am I sad my high school actually voted on those categories? Yes I am. Am I also a little sad that the only title I landed was "Most Republican" and that it didn't make the yearbook? Not so much. ;)

Frankly, though, I don't imagine things are going to change much around here, though I do hope my writing evolves. I write like I talk (slowly), and I tend to meander from topic to topic. I started this blog because I wanted a place to go where I could talk about my favorite movies and girlish crushes on TV stars, dead Presidents and other bloggers*. I wanted to explain how modern art and I get along, and why we sometimes fight. I've been working my way through a post that details why Olivier Messiaen's Quartet for the End of Time is the most awesomely Catholic composition ever, but why I can't seem to embrace it. Basically, it's a lot about what interests me. It's kind of lame, I know. There are bigger and more important things happening in the world, but... there are bigger and more important minds out there to tackle those things. I'm just having fun here and I hope that my stupid jokes and winding thoughts show that it's possible to be Catholic, more than a little nerdy and really fun all at the same time. If I'm very lucky, someone else will appreciate my posts, too.

Anyway, you'll get two more posts from me today after this and then nothing until Sunday because I'm going to buy me some good Texas wine and take advantage of the fact that I have no obligations at all until September. I'm sorry this one reader thinks this little slice of the internet is a "black hole" on another more well-known blogroll, but I kind of like who I am and what this place is and I'm not likely to change for a someone who won't just hit "Next Blog" on the blogger header. ;)

*I'm 3 for 3 in getting a response in the blogger category. And I only had to stalk one of them!