A Glass of Chianti

Friday, June 24, 2005

Most little girls, I hear,

Spend a lot of time dreaming of their wedding day. Not me. I spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about my grown-up house. It had an aquarium and a garden and a study with a heavy desk and a big American flag on one side and a Texas flag on the other. My dream house has been evolving through the years and now I've gotten my dreams to a more practical size (it was a really, really small house - 6 rooms) though, still with some big flags.

I never paid much attention to the kitchen of my dream house. Today, though, I found what is to be the centerpiece of my kitchen. Insanely detailed instructions are here. I'm so excited at the prospect I can hardly invest my savings fast enough. Who needs travel when you have Dr Pepper on demand?

While we're talking about detailed instructions, my brother had promised to make me one of these this summer, but has yet to even start. If he doesn't deliver by the end of August, I know what I'm spending my Christmas vacation constructing.