A Glass of Chianti

Monday, June 20, 2005

I would have gone to the museum today

But, like a dork, I didn't remember until I was almost downtown that The Modern is closed on Mondays.
If it weren't Monday, I would have seen this. I would have sat on the bench that is close by and looked at this for a while. One of my favorite pieces in the whole collection is this, but I couldn't gawk for an extended period of time because it's Monday. Not only was I denied access to the most awesome room in the museum (featuring this sculpture), I couldn't see the sunflower right across the room. *sigh*

Oh well. I went to see the Flavin retrospective and I'll likely be one of the first in line to see the Robert Bechtle retrospective being installed right now on the top floor. I guess I shouldn't be so bitter.

So after I waxed my car I went to the park and read some awesome Latin verse instead of going to the museum. I guess I can live with it. ;)