A Glass of Chianti

Friday, March 24, 2006

Condi talks Brahms

Via Terry, a pretty neat Condoleezza Rice interview. They touch on some interesting points about coming back to music after temporarily giving it up, though the format is more of a "here are some pieces that mean a lot to me" kind of thing. I was very glad to hear that she, too, is a big fan of the second movement of Beethoven's Seventh. Every time I mention that as being right among the top tier of my favorite orchestral works, people roll their eyes, so I feel happy knowing that the world isn't completely full of Beethoven snobs.

But, the real reason I'm blogging about this is during my initial scan of the article, I misread the phrase "I love the give and take" as "I love the gin and tonic" which shows you, perhaps, what a long Lent it has been already. Clearly, I can't live on rieslings alone.