A Glass of Chianti

Friday, November 25, 2005

*sigh*

I was up at 5:30 this morning. I'm housesitting for some friends of the family and apparently their dogs don't quite grasp the meaning of "no asking to go outside before sunrise."

Since I was already awake (and my attempts to fall back asleep were frustrated by the chilly air), I briefly considered going back into town to see what exciting things the stores were offering. Because, however, it seems that everybody in my family is born in November and I was thinking ahead this year while getting birthdays covered, my Christmas shopping list is pretty much taken care of. I have gifts for both of my sisters, my mother and my brother already purchased and stored away and I know what I am going to get my father and will buy that when my lazy bum sisters give me their share. I do still have a few gifts to figure out (and a couple that I'm making that are going slower than I'd like) but there just didn't seem to be any urgent need to necessitate being elbowed around by other shoppers.

So, even though it wasn't terribly post-Thanksgiving-y, I went upstairs to the movie room and watched The Godfather this morning. I think that Badlands is on deck for this afternoon and I'll probably do some Western this evening, thus covering the country in my own Lewis and Clark-type adventure. Seems like a fairly good plan, right?