A Glass of Chianti

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Any ideas for my Thanksgiving menu?

I'm looking for suggestions for what I should make for Thanksgiving. I know I'm going about this the wrong way (I should have had my main dish nailed down before picking out the other stuff), but I'd really like to have French onion soup on my favorite Yankee holiday. Does anyone know things that go well with that*?

These are things to consider when making your (hopefully numerous) recommendations:
1) It's just me (and my cat, Coco) so things that are easy to scale down would be ideal.
2) I'd like a main dish and a dessert to go with my soup.
3) I'm not an incredibly skillful cook, but I can follow a recipe or basic instructions.
4) I'm allergic to cottonwood pollen and cat dander so if the recipe calls for either, I might not be too likely to make it.

That's about it. I kind of feel stuck here, and I'd like to have a nice Thanksgiving meal.

*I already asked Coco. Her suggestion of tuna popcorn was vetoed on the spot.