A Glass of Chianti

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Defeated by a sweatshirt

My cat is, in many ways, very confused about her identity. She thinks she's a dog. She comes when you call her. She greets you at the door when you walk in. She plays fetch. She drinks from the toilet... Coco is the perfect cat for a dog person like me.

Today, though, she remembered she's a cat. She decided to cuddle with the sweatshirt that I sleep in fairly often. I figured that it was her way of claiming it and since it has a couple of holes in it (making it fairly useless as a warmth-saving device) I would have an excuse to get rid of it, without really getting rid of it - I would just do a little hand-me-down to the cat. A win-win situation was to be had, it seemed.

A little later, when I walked in and saw her on my bed, she didn't look as amused as I did. Apparently, she was having a bit of trouble exiting the sleeve. I felt kind of bad laughing. Only kind of, though.