A Glass of Chianti

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Because Jamie made it seem like so much fun...

here...

10 years ago I was... 15 and (if I've done the math correctly) just starting my sophomore year of high school. Since it's August, I was probably at marching band rehearsal (the program: The Magnificent Seven and Copland's Rodeo). Later this year, the Debaucherymobile would get its name when I announce that I had to leave a meeting because "I [had] a date with Debauchery." I thought it was funny.

5 years ago I wasÂ… 20. I think this would have been the semester that I had acoustics, which is the most awesome field of science. Also, I do believe that this was my last semester of marching band. I would have been, therefore, saying many prayers of thanksgiving. ;)

1 year ago I was... doing many of the same things I am doing now: setting up lesson schedules and the like.

Yesterday I was... playing Metroid. It's great.

5 Cds I listen to often: I don't listen to CDs all the way through very often. Hmmm... Space Capades is indispensable. I know I've listened to Pines of Rome several times over the past few weeks so score one for Resphigi. I've listened to my "The Yankee" and "Optimism" playlists a bunch lately. That's at least 4 CDs worth a piece, there.

5 things I would do with 100 million dollars: I don't have any credit card or college debt, but I know there are some people who can't profess vows in an order until they are debt-free, so I'd probably sponsor as many as I could find. I'd build a house with bathrooms and closets somewhere with milder summers than Texas. There are a couple of charities that I've always wanted to donate more than my prayers to, but haven't been able to budget accordingly. I'd commission a great work for clarinet and French Horn. I'd commission a painting to hang in my house.

5 places I would run away to: Florence. Milan. Chile. Rome. Huntington, WV. ;)

5 things I would never wear: Non-rose colored glasses. Purple shoes. Sequins. A "Phil the Pill" costume. A beard.

5 favorite TV shows: American Gothic, Picket Fences, The Amazing Race, Night Court, Arrested Development

5 bad habits: I babble. I compulsively pick the goop out of my eyes. I shower at night, which makes my pillow all wet because I hate the hair dryer. I don't untie the shoelaces on my tennis shoes. I interrupt.

5 biggest joys: Playing Crussel, seeing people I love, talking with my family about The Amazing Race, teaching, getting an e-mail or a phone call from a friend.

5 favorite toys: My GameBoy, the little cellophane ball Coco likes, Legos, my Eb clarinet, the GameCube.

Anyway, much like the other projects on this relatively chainletter-free environment if you'd like to do so on your blog, let me know so I can set up a link to your answers. Also, I really am interested in what answers people have, so if you don't want to post it on your own blog, e-mailing me your answers would be kinda cool, too. Answering one or two of the prompts in the comments box might be fun... Seriously. I want to know where people would run away to!

UPDATE: Michael would run away to South Carolina.... or Egypt... or York...