A Glass of Chianti

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Let's all travel back to 1996

1996 was a great year. I had just gotten my driver's license in February. I had my first e-mail address. The Olympics were held in Atlanta. I was young and silly enough to listen to the election returns in November and still have hope that Bob Dole would pull it out (seriously...*sigh*).

1996 was also the end of the age of listservs. A staple on these? "Clever" ASCII signatures, of course. Don't miss the "bigchief" and "tengwar" fonts. Seriously. I wish I would have had access to this during my Klarinet days...

Why I have spent any time at all playing with this, I have no idea. I feel like a 14 year-old with a spiral notebook and one of those cool multi-color clicky pens. Well, maybe that is why I played with it.