A Glass of Chianti

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I like my bosses

OK, I'm keeping this short because I haven't had a chance to talk through this with anyone yet and I've quite exceeded my word count for the blog. I'm really, really trying to be more brief...

Anyway, I have an opportunity that involves me picking up about 40 new students from another teacher in the area. 40 new clients (students)! 40 new bosses (parents)! 20+ more hours of lessons. :)

Obviously, this will involve a slight "restructuring" of my day schedule.

The really cool thing is that this "restructuring" will allow me to start a project that's been close to my heart for a couple of years now, but I have been unable to launch because of my daily commitments. I'm going to be able to offer free lessons at one or two of the less well-funded schools in my city. I've tried to set something like this up before, but it had to be after school - when most of the kids (due to bus routes and the like) couldn't do it. Now, however, I can do it during class time and..... I'm just so excited. :)