A Glass of Chianti

Monday, October 24, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

I may or may not get around to posting again this week. I have an exciting guest coming to town and I imagine I'll be fairly distracted with the otters at the Fort Worth Zoo and the Kiefer exhibition at the Modern and the hamburgers at Kincaid's and Friday night football and (hopefully) lots of cooking. Though I'll have e-mail access and computer fun, I just don't think I'll be inclined to post much. BUT, I've been gathering Halloween jokes for when I return later in the week, so you'll be getting a good dose of ghoul and witch and skeleton-walking-into-a-bar humor. I have a couple of favors to ask while I'm otherwise occupied:

1. Look at how many cool people there are over there on the right-hand side of your screen. Seriously! Most awesome people ever, and they write a ton of great things. If you torture yourself by reading stuff here, you will be thrilled to see the coolness out there.

2. Put a few names into the Advertising Slogan Generator. Where else can you generate poetry like this?
"Leaves Your Terry Teachout Minty not Mediciney."

3. Play with this.

4. Send me Halloween jokes! Or you can just send me corny jokes. (I'm always in the market for those.) If you do have a Halloweeny joke, though, don't post it in the comments box - drop me an e-mail or else we'll spoil the surprise.

5. Have a wonderful week!